There are a lot of things to think about when moving. You have to pack up your belongings, make sure you have everything you need to get set up in your new place, and say goodbye to your old life. One thing that often gets forgotten in the chaos of moving is how to move appliances. Many people ask will movers move appliances?
The good news is that it’s not as difficult as it might seem There are a few different ways to go about making sure that you get your appliances (Washer, Dryer,Refrigerator, Stove,Dishwasher) moved. Local and Long Distance moving companies will move your appliances. However, there may be an additional fee to have your appliances moved. The cost to move a washer and dryer varies depending on how far you’re moving and how many appliances you have. They can give you an estimate after they visit your home.
A few things to keep in mind when moving your appliances
- The company may charge extra for large, heavy items such as a fridge or washer and dryer. So if you have these type of appliances it’s important that all the information is accurate when the movers come out to do the survey because this will affect how much they will charge.
- Make sure that your refrigerator is empty and defrosted before your movers arrive. There should not be any standing water. Additionally, its important that you disconnect the waterline from your refrigerator.
- When moving your washer and dryer yourself, you should load the washer on top of the dryer to save space.
- When hiring a moving company to move your appliances make sure that you disconnect them prior to your movers arriving.
- However if you want someone else to do all the work for you then hiring professionals is best because these types of companies have experience with how exactly how much time will be needed based on the distance that needs to be covered. The costs can quickly increase if more than one trip has to be made. If this happens then make sure that this is clearly stated by how many
- If you are unable to disconnect your appliances, you should hire an appliance company to disconnect them for you prior to your movers arriving at your home. Appliance companies typically charge $65 for this service, which is something to keep in mind when budgeting for your move.
In conclusion, movers will move your appliances. You just have to make sure that you are prepared and have taken the necessary steps to make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible on moving day. Moving a washer and dryer can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these simple tips, you can save yourself some money and ensure that your appliances are safely transported to your new home.