Many people find themselves in need of loading or unloading help from time to time. Whether you are moving, have a large delivery coming, or just don’t have the manpower to do the job yourself, hiring someone to help can be a great solution. How much does it cost for loading or unloading help? The price to hire a mover to help will greatly depend on a number of factors including how much work is being done, how many movers are needed, and where the help with loading or unloading is needed. Here is a breakdown of what you can expect from different options:
– Loading/Unloading A Truck : This type of job typically involves hiring movers for typically one to three hours to load either a truck cab with the smaller parts of an item (such as large pieces of furniture or appliances) or for two hours if you need all items loaded into your moving truck. This option would also apply when you need someone to assist in unloading a truck once it arrives at your destination. For this option, expect to pay between $95 and $120 per hour .
– Loading/Unloading A Room : This option is typically for smaller sized jobs and can take up to 4 hours. Depending on the number of men needed, prices will vary; 2 men should cost between $100 and $150 an hour. Additional charges may apply if you need to go up or down any stairs or additional flights of stairs.
– Loading/Unloading A Whole House: This option is often used when you are moving to a new home and require the movers to unload all your goods from your current house into either your new front or back yard OR into other storage such as a garage or man cave (basically anywhere that is not already full). The cost will typically range from $1,000-$2000 dollars depending upon the size of your home and the distance that needs to be traveled.
– Loading/Unloading a Few Items: If you are just moving a few pieces of furniture or boxes, often times it is more cost effective to hire an individual mover to help with loading and unloading as opposed to using a full service moving company. Costs for this service will typically range from $120-$150 dollars per hour.
– Packing and Unpacking Services: Many people choose to hire a separate packing and unpacking service in addition to their loading and unloading help. This can be a great option if you want to ensure that your delicate items are handled with care or if you simply don’t have the time to do it yourself. Costs for packing can vary based upon the size of your home and how much help you need, but typically starts at around $90 per hour.
– Moving Truck Rental: If you decide to move yourself, you will need to rent a moving truck. The cost for this will vary based on the size of the truck, the distance travelled, and any additional features that you may need. You can expect to pay around $30 – $50 per day for a moving truck rental.
– Fuel: In addition to the cost of renting the truck, you will also need to factor in the cost of fuel. This will vary depending on how far you are traveling and what type of vehicle you are using.
Loading and unloading help can be hard to find. The professional and reliable movers at College Dudes Help U Move can load or unload your belongings safely and with care. Call College Dudes Help U Move Today. 704-266-1393